– Broadcasting from the Sundance Film Festival, we are joined by three guests who personally battled with DuPont and are featured in the new documentary called “The Devil We Know,” that looks at how former DuPont employees, residents and lawyers took on the chemical giant to expose the danger of the chemical C8, found in Teflon and countless household products—from stain- and water-resistant apparel to microwave popcorn bags to dental floss. The chemical has now been linked to six diseases, including testicular and kidney cancers. We speak with Bucky Bailey, whose mother worked in the Teflon division of a DuPont plant in West Virginia while she was pregnant with him, and who was born with only one nostril and a deformed eye and has undergone more than 30 surgeries to fix the birth defects; Joe Kiger, lead plaintiff in a class action lawsuit against DuPont, and a school teacher in Parkersburg, West Virginia, who suffered from liver disease; and Rob Bilott, the attorney that brought DuPont to court.
Democracy Now! is an independent global news hour that airs weekdays on nearly 1,400 TV and radio stations Monday through Friday. Watch our livestream 8-9AM ET:
Please consider supporting independent media by making a donation to Democracy Now! today:
FOLLOW DEMOCRACY NOW! ONLINE:
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://sunview.vn/tin-hot/
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Sinh năm 1997 Mệnh gì? hợp Tuổi nào và Màu gì?
- Hướng dẫn nghiên cứu từ khóa hiệu quả nhất cho người mới bắt đầu
- WeFit | Ứng dụng phòng tập WeFit tuyên bố phá sản
- Vụ Bí Thư Xã Sát Hại Cháu Họ – Dựng Hiện Trường Giả – Bí Mật Kinh Hoàng Phía Sau Âm Mưu Thế Thân
- Cả showbiz thương xót vô cùng khi NTK Ken Nguyễn ra đi đột ngột – Tin tức 368