Demonstration of the 30-mm GAU-8 Avenger (A-10 Thunderbolt II Main Gun) and the 20mm M61 Vulcan mounted on Phalanx CIWS, C-RAM during test fire / training.
►The General Electric GAU-8/A Avenger is a 30 mm hydraulically driven seven-barrel Gatling-type autocannon that is typically mounted in the United States Air Force’s Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II. Designed specifically for the anti-tank role, the Avenger delivers very powerful rounds at a high rate of fire.
►The M61 Vulcan is a hydraulically or pneumatically driven, six-barrel, air-cooled, electrically fired Gatling-style rotary cannon which fires 20 mm rounds at an extremely high rate (typically 6,000 rounds per minute). The M61 and its derivatives have been the principal cannon armament of United States military fixed-wing aircraft for fifty years.
The M61 was originally produced by General Electric. After several mergers and acquisitions, it is currently produced by General Dynamics.
Video Credit: United States Department of Defense
Thumbnail Credit: U.S. Army photo by Pfc. Christopher Brecht
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Vụ án Hồ Duy Hải: Viện trưởng viện KSND tối cao nói gì? Tin tức nhà nông 24h | Tin nóng 24h
- Vùng Đất Vô Hình 2019 – Phần 19: Tru Tiên Trảm Tà Song Phù Đao [MC Viết Linh]
- Tuyển Tập Hoạt Hình Doraemon Tiếng Việt Tập 70 – Tình Địch Của Doraemon, Sao Băng Ước Nguyện
- Chủ Tịch Cầm 500 Triệu Đi Mua Nhẫn Bị Người Yêu Cũ Coi Thường | Tập 40
- (NEW SEASON) Zig & Sharko – Top Chef (S02E63) Full Episode in HD